Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday at ICAPGen

Another great day at the ICAPGen Conference. Other family members are at the BYU football game also going on right now. So far we've heard from Jake Gehring, the president of the Association of Professional Genealogists. It was interesting to hear what they hear most from unhappy clients. Basically it boiled down to communication and reliability. Good things to know.

Next we heard more about the FamilySearch Wiki. This tool has been mentioned in a number of sessions. It's a place I plan to use and add to.

A very valuable session that I attended was Scottish Internet Research. It covered the information available at Scotlands People. I have known about the website for awhile, but wasn't sure how to use it. Since it is a subscription site, I didn't really try it out on my own. Now I'm ready to look for some documents for my own research projects.

Now it's time for a class from one of my former instructors, Kory Meyerink, on marketing.

No comments: