Friday, November 07, 2008

TNG with Darrin

A few years ago I finally decided that it was time to have a genealogy website. I also had many photos and documents that I wanted to put together with my database. As I learned more about webcoding I determined that a dynamic site would be the best--one that could change as more information was found. That's when I heard about The Next Generation of Genealogy Site Building code for a dynamic website. Considering that I had done a little to begin learning how to code such a site, I was excited to know that someone else had created the code and was willing to share for a very small price. Although Darrin Lythgoe wrote the code, I did find that it was fairly heavy duty web building to get things up and going, and he was there on the other end of e-mail to answer my questions as I struggled through. I really love my genealogy website.

Today I got to meet Darrin at the ICAPGen Conference as he presented TNG. It's fun meeting someone that I've meet through business on the Internet. I updated my website a few weeks ago, so I'd know the latest. He's always creating great updates.

One of my favorite activities is to work to update my website. Next I need to promote it!

No comments: